| eGo battery light comes on but nothing happens
You may find that your eGo battery lights up but nothing happens. Or you
place it in the charger and the light wont turn red. The first thing to
do is to grab another battery and test it on the charger if that
battery works then you know it is not the charger. Next you can use the
attached atomizer on the battery that is giving you problems and place
it on a known working battery. If you find that both of these test show
that the battery in question is malfunctioning then proceed to the
Posted by Administrator on 5/1/2012
First lets see if the battery needs cleaning.
- Remove the atomizer, cartomizer, clearomizer from battery
- Grab a bottle of rubbing alcohol
- get yourself a few q-tips
- soak the q-tip in the alcohol
- clean the inside threads of the battery
- clean the outside threads of the battery
- you may need to repeat steps 3-6 until the inside of the battery looks shiny and clean
- take a q-tip that is dry and dry the inside and outside of battery
- Plug battery on charger or attach atomizer
- if this works then you just had a dirty battery if not please try the next method
So the above method did not work. Don't freak out there's one more thing we can try to do. Inside the battery there is a circular disc called a post. this may have accidentally been pushed down too far preventing it from making correct contact with the charger or atomizer. Before performing this step please be sure to clean the battery.
- Get a paper clip or anything similar in thickness as one
- pull the paperclip apart
- as shown in the image the post is a flat disc
- get under the disc and slowly pry upword working around the post
- be sure not to pull it all the way out
- the post moves slowly up so keep an eye on it.
- once you feel you have moved it up a mm or 2, attach to charger or atomizer and test
- if the problem still persist then try to move the post up a little more and retry
If you find that none of these steps are working for you or you just want to call us and have us go over them with you please feel free to contact us. If your battery is more than 6-8 months old and the above procedure did not help you may need to purchase a new battery. On average an eGo battery will last an average user 8-12 months with proper cleaning and maintenance. Of course we have had them last much longer but they work better when you take good care of them.
dusitn Date 1/25/2013
i have the ego lcd battery the light will come on and stay on for about 5-8 seconds then shut off whats wrong? the light will even stay on even if i just tap the button.
Lily Zhong Date 3/24/2013
Glad to hear that you are on market for E-cig, our Efest IMR high drain batteries is hot cell on e-cig market, with high quality in cheapest price. Hope our products could bring some business for you.
Just email me if you have any questions.